My frequency input scope trace looks good, but the input is not working
- Confirm that your hardware and the pin you chose supports the sensor type that you are using.
- Confirm that the pin you have selected supports frequency inputs.
Check the technical specification of your ECU for more details.
- Check the minimum and maximum voltage levels that you are seeing in your scope trace.
Check the minimum an maximum voltages against the switching thresholds in the Digital inputs section of the technical specification for your ECU.
- If your signal is not crossing the threshold, you must add an external comparator in your harness to amplify the signal.
- Reduce the value that you've selected for the frequency input timeout. Some inputs do not report the frequency if they have timed out.
- Try moving to a different output pin.
- This will determine if your ECU has a problem with a particular pin.