OpenECU can be used on a modern Windows PC running windows XP or 7 with the following specifications:
- CPU: a modern Intel or AMD x86 32-bit or 64-bit processor.
- RAM: 2 GiB minimum, but more recommended (larger models will require more RAM).
- Free hard disk space: 2 GiB.
- Peripheral hardware: keyboard, mouse, DVD/CD-ROM drive (for installation from CD media), at least 8-bit graphics adapter and display (for at least 256 colours).
- Note: MAC OSX and Linux/UNIX operating systems are not supported at this time.
Specific details are listed in the User Guide requirements section.