My calibration map / table is not working
By far, the most common reason for this issue is that the variable names do not follow the required naming convention.
Map / Table calibration variables must adhere to the following naming convention:
The 4th character must be 'm'
- All variables associated with the table must have the same name, except for the last two characters
- The last two characters of the variable name must be '_x' for the input x-axis, '_y' for the input y-axis (2-D maps only),
and '_z' for the output axis.
Example: 1-D map
Assume you are trying to map voltage to temperature using a 1-D table. Your x-axis (input axis) will be in units of volts, while your z-axis (output axis) will be in units of degrees C. Then your map variables could be as follows:
- x-axis (1-D vector): INPm_volts2degc_x
- z-axis (1-D vector): INPm_volts2degc_z
Example: 2-D map
Assume you are trying to create a spark advance map using mass airflow and RPM as your inputs. Your x-axis (input axis) will be in units of grams of air, your y-axis (input axis) will be in units of RPM, and your z-axis (output axis) will be in units of degrees before TDC. Then your map variables could be as follows:
- x-axis (1-D vector): SPKm_sparkMap_x
- y-axis (1-D vector): SPKm_sparkMap_y
- z-axis (2-D matrix): SPKm_sparkMap_z